Sulfate-Free Shampoo Market Highlights Growth Prospects and Future Opportunities till 2027
Revenues from the sulfate-free shampoo market exceeded US$ 3,600 Mn in 2018, and is estimated to register a Y-o-Y growth at over 3.5% in 2019
[EUPRwire, Fri Jun 14 2019] The sulfate-free shampoo sales in 2018 closed in on 330 kilo tons, and are estimated to record a Y-o-Y growth at nearly 3.0% in 2019, according to a new Fact.MR study. Sulfate free shampoo industry growth remains influenced by a slew of aspects, ranging from product line extension and innovation to introduction of products that enable overnight and daytime smoothing.
- The sulfate-free shampoo market recorded a value CAGR of nearly 3% during the period, 2013 to 2018. Gains in the sulfate-free shampoo industry during this period were mainly driven by growing consumer awareness regarding impact of climate change on their skin and hair, in line with the introduction to sulfate-free products capable of combating the issues.
- Revenues from the sulfate-free shampoo market exceeded US$ 3,600 Mn in 2018, and is estimated to register a Y-o-Y growth at over 3.5% in 2019.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to retain its supremacy in the sulfate-free shampoo market, driven by the region’s recovering economy and growing number of middle-class population with their rising GHDI.
- The sulfate-free shampoo market is expected to witness higher growth in APEJ, compared to other markets, with India at the forefront in terms of revenue.
What are key aspects driving growth of the sulfate-free shampoo market?
- Consumer awareness on irritation of surfactants-based shampoos to the scalp, and hair damage, continues to surge. This has significantly influenced demand for sulfate-free shampoos among consumers, in light of their milder formulations and prevention of itchy scalp and dry hair, despite repeated use.
- Introduction of pre-formulated performance concentrates that facilitate the formulation and preparation of the sulfate-free personal care products, has augured well for the sulfate-free shampoo industry players.
- In line with the demand for non-irritating personal care formulations, vendors in the sulfate-free shampoo market have launched novel blends with the claim of easing manufacturers’ efforts to accelerate their shift toward softer shampoo product variants.
- The “free-from” trend has witnessed a pervasive popularity, extending beyond the food & beverage products, to consumer goods and personal care. As the primarily considered inherent ingredient – sulfates – in shampoos have gradually been frowned upon by consumers in the recent past, demand for shampoos free from sulfates has gained a tremendous surge.
- Sulfate-free shampoo sales are also influenced by their comparatively competent attributes when it comes to effective hair care, such as prevention of scalp damage, split ends, and retention of the natural oils and color of the hair.
Request Free Sample Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2922
What are the key challenges that need to be addressed by the sulfate-free shampoo market players?
- Retaining the radical properties of the hair care products, while ridding the sulfates, has been one of the key concerns among the sulfate-free shampoo market players. These manufacturers are now eyeing the development of novel formulations, to save on cost, time, and resources for achieving the product development with improved performance.
- Development of the sulfate-free shampoos with high oil levels continues to remain one of the significant challenges among the industry players, against the backdrop of their viscosity, texture, stability, and foaming properties. This has further led the introduction of anionic surfactants, which are particularly suitable for foaming cleansing and high oil-containing formulations of hair care products.
Sulfate-free Shampoo Market – Competitive Landscape
- Solvay Novecare has recently launched its Miracare® SOFT S-525, a sulfate-free shampoo, but can be used for hair as well as body wash. Solvay claims that its new product runs well with the current trend in the personal care industry toward softer products.
- REWOTERIC® AM C, a highly skin and hair compatible amphoteric surfactant, enables strong viscosifying and foaming properties, in addition to being preservative-free. Systematic tests have been carried out for the product, and it has been proved that this sulfate-free surfactant system is significantly beneficial to improve the hair health.
- Herbal Essences entered into a strategic partnership with Environmental Working Group, for launching its new sulfate-free shampoo products, namely, Birch Bark extract and Honey & Vit B. These products have been launched under the EWG guidance for deeming their safety and environmental friendly nature.
Key players operating in the sulfate free shampoo market include Loreal S.A, Avlon Industries, Inc., Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Procter & Gamble, AG Hair, Pravana, Johnson and Johnson, Sephora USA Inc., Nexxus, Christina Moss Naturals, Bio Veda Action Research Co., Vogue International LLC, Natura Supply Co., Aura Vedic, Himalaya Herbals, California Baby, Patanjali Ayurveda, MamaEarth, Babo Botanicals, Sundial Brands LLC, Leonor Greyl USA, and Giovanni Cosmetics Inc.
Outlook Complete Research Report with TOC @ https://www.factmr.com/report/2922/sulfate-free-shampoo-market
Liquid shampoos have been sought-after among consumers, primarily in light of their ease of use and convenience. Liquid shampoos account for over 70% sales of the sulfate-free shampoos worldwide, with sales in 2018 estimated at revenues worth over US$ 2,800 Mn. However, dry shampoo or “shampoo bars” according to the latest trend have been gaining a palpable momentum across the globe.
These dry variants rid the requirement of bottle packaging and prevent spill overs and relevant issues, which in turn has led them into witnessing widespread acceptance among travel enthusiasts in particular. Economic nature of these shampoo bars have further driven their sales in the developing and underdeveloped nations, where price remains of the most important aspects for consumers. Environmental benefits of shampoo bars in terms of being plastic-free, bio-degradable, naturally conditioning, and super concentrated, continues to drive their popularity.
Insights and forecast of the sulfate-free shampoo market offered in this reports re backed by a robust research methodology. The research approach followed involves comprehensive primary and secondary researches. Analysts developing this report have carried out extensive face-to-face and telephonic interviews with leading sulfate free shampoo industry players to gain first-hand information and derive appropriate insights.
Exhaustive secondary researches have been conducted to gain more intelligence into the trends, growth determinants, impediments, and opportunities, for key players operating in the sulfate-free shampoo market. Information obtained through primary interview have been used to validate the insights gained from secondary researches, and the data collected overall has been finally validated from our in-house industry experts.
This report serves as an authentic source of intelligence for the sulfate-free market players, who can leverage the information in the report for making factual and triumphant decision for future trajectory of their businesses in the sulfate-free shampoo market.
Enquire about this Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=2922
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852